With the state’s stay-at-home order extended through the end of May, why not have a little fun while social distancing using the Buy Fresh Buy Local Illinois bingo card?
Even with social distancing orders in place for another month, there are ways that we can support local food businesses from across the state.
Have a favorite farm-to-table restaurant? Order curbside carryout and you can cross that off your bingo card!
Headed back into the soil with a victory garden? Maybe you can start by watching a video on growing something new and you can cross THAT off your bingo card.
In chatting with local businesses, we’ve heard that getting positive reviews and engaging with business owners in their posts are great ways to keep them motivated when they can’t see you as often at their farm stand, business, or market tent.
And with farmers market season kicking off this month in many locations across Illinois, there will be more opportunities than ever to fill your bingo card and support local food businesses.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the bingo card here.
- Work your way through the card and get a BINGO when you complete one row horizontal, vertical, across the card, or be a local food champion and complete all the rows!
- Snap a photo of your completed card and share it on social media with the hashtag #buyfreshbuylocalillinois before June 1st for your chance to win a $50 gift card from any business listed on the Buy Fresh Buy Local Illinois website. If you don’t want to post your completed card on social media, email a photo to use at firstname.lastname@example.org. (P.S. if posting on Facebook– be sure to turn your post setting to “public” so that we can see your post
- Have other fun photos to share from your game of bingo? We’d love to see them so be sure to use the hashtag #buyfreshbuylocalillinois.
- One winner will be chosen at random on June 1st to receive a $50 gift card from any business listed in the Buy Fresh Buy Local Illinois directory!
Questions? We have answers! Email us at email@example.com. Otherwise, let the (bingo) game begin!